Yay! It’s finally October again! Are you excited because I know I am? Seriously, it feels like it’s been a year since I last got to celebrate my favorite month!
Here are ten things that I’m looking forward to in October.
- Halloween and Horrothon! — You all had to know that this was going to be number one, right? Halloween is my favorite time of year, both because of the cool weather and the fact that it’s the start of the holiday season! Plus, this time of year that we do our annual Horrorthon here at TSL! (I will also be contributing daily horror reviews to Horror Critic!) I spend all year looking forward to and preparing for this month. Horrorthon can be an exhausting enterprise but it’s always worth it.
- Terrifier 2 — Art, the world’s most terrifying clown is back! Seriously, killer clowns are a bit of a cliché but Art is one of the most frightening horror creations that I’ve ever seen. Terrifier 2 is going to be 138 minutes long and, with the legacy of Michael Myers being ruined by the current David Gordon Green Halloween trilogy (seriously, don’t even get me started), now is the time for Art to step up and remind people what horror is all about.
- TAR — Todd Field’s first film since Little Children looks intriguing and has been getting rapturous reviews. TAR is getting a limited release on October 3rd before opening wide on October 28th. It may not be a horror film but I’m still looking forward to seeing the film that could very well make Cate Blanchett a three-time Oscar winner.
- Triangle of Sadness — For that matter, I’m also looking forward to Triangle of Sadness, this year’s winner of Palme d’Or. The film opens on October 7th and it appears to feature Woody Harrelson in the role that he was born to play.
- The Banshees of Inisherin — An Irish film, reuniting Martin McDonagh, Colin Farrell, and Brendan Gleeson? (Previously, all three worked together on the brilliant In Bruges.) How could I possible resist?
- Dark Glasses — Dario Argento’s latest film is coming to Shudder!
- Night of the Living Dead, The Shining, the original Suspiria, Carnival of Souls, Robot Monster, Little Shop of Horrors, Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Bride of the Monster, Plan 9 From Outer Space, the original Halloween — It’s tradition! These are films that I watch at least once every October and I’m looking forward to watching them this year as well.
- Mocking the critics — There are so many snobs out there when it comes to horror. That’s why it’s always fun to spend October mocking them on twitter. Forget those who look down on horror. October is our time.
- All The Holiday Specials — Toy Story of Terror? Yep. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? You know my sister and I will be watching it. It’s not October without the holiday specials.
- Setting A Record — Last year, at TSL, we posted 487 times over the course of October. Think we can break 500 this year? We’re off to a good start!
Happy October everyone! I look forward to sharing this wonderful time of year with all of you! What are you looking forward to?