This poster is for a 1971 film called Terror From Under The House. I haven’t actually seen this film. Normally, I would look at this poster and assume that it must be about a monster living in a basement but this is 70s exploitation that were talking about. Just because its featured on the poster doesn’t mean that it’s necessarily going to be in the film.
Apparently, Terror From Under The House was just one of the many titles used by this film. It’s also known as:
- Behind the Cellar Door
- After Jenny Died
- Inn of the Frightened People
- I ekdikisis (which means “The Revenge” in Greek)
- Il passo dell’assassino (which means “The Killer Steps” in Italian)
- Miedo sangriento (“Bloody Fear” in Spanish)
- Violence en Sous-Sol (“Violence in the Basement” in French)
The main thing that I noticed about this poster was that apparently, audiences were forced to accept the “Free Screaming Teeth of Terror” as proof that this movie was so frightening that watching it could lead to death. I’m not sure what exactly that means but this film was rated PG so, honestly, how scary could it be?
Someday, I’ll watch it and let you know.