Right now, I’m in the process of taking a look back at some of my favorite things from the previous year. Yesterday, I posted a list of my favorite non-fiction books of 2016. Today, I post my 20 favorite novels!
All of these are worth reading and in fact, I insist that you do. Let’s enjoy the written word while we can because, sadly, the future holds only illiteracy and propaganda.
- Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
- The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison
- All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
- Moonglow by Michael Chabon
- Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
- The Last Days of Jack Sparks by Jason Arnopp
- The Empty Ones by Robert Brockway
- The Regional Office is Under Attack! by Manuel Gonzales
- Ways to Disappear by Idra Novey
- The Gloaming by Melanie Finn
Tomorrow, it’s the list that you have all been waiting for: my picks for the best films of 2016!
Previous Entries In The Best of 2016:
- TFG’s 2016 Comics Year In Review : Top Tens, Worsts, And Everything In Between
- Anime of the Year: 2016
- 25 Best, Worst, and Gems I Saw In 2016
- 2016 in Review: The Best of SyFy
- 2016 in Review: The Best of Lifetime
- 2016 in Review: Lisa Picks the 16 Worst Films of 2016!
- Necromoonyeti’s Top Ten Albums of 2016
- 2016 In Review: Lisa Marie’s 14 Favorite Songs of 2016
- 2016 In Review: 10 Good Things I Saw On Television in 2016
- 2016 in Review: Lisa Marie’s 10 Favorite Non-Fiction Books of 2016
Thanks for the link-ups! I have been wanting to read ‘Hex’.
Pingback: 2016 in Review: Lisa Marie Picks The 26 Best Films of 2016! | Through the Shattered Lens
Pingback: 2021 In Review: Lisa Marie’s 10 Top Novels | Through the Shattered Lens
Pingback: 2022 In Review: Lisa Marie’s Favorite Novels | Through the Shattered Lens