My look back at the previous year continues with 10 of my favorite non-fiction books of 2016! Now, it should be noted that, because this is an entertainment-related website, I’m only listing my favorite entertainment-related books. There was a lot of good nonfiction published last year but the majority of it had nothing to do with either the movies or television so who cares?
Anyway, all of these are wonderful and well-worth the money!
- The Godfather Notebook by Francis Ford Coppola
- TV: The Book by Matt Zoller Seitz and Alan Sepinwall
- The Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling
- Natalie Wood: Reflections on a Legendary Life by Manoah Bowman
- The Purple Diaries: Mary Astor and the Most Sensational Hollywood Scandal of the 1930s by Joseph Egan
- In Search of Lost Films by Phil Hall
- Down from the Attic: Rare Thrillers of the Silent Era through the 1950s by John T. Soister and Henry Nicolella
- Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life by Ruth Franklin
- The Curse of Beauty: The Scandalous & Tragic Life of Audrey Munson, America’s First Supermodel by James Bone
- A Thousand Cuts: The Bizarre Underground World of Collectors and Dealers Who Saved the Movies by Dennis Bartok and Jeff Joseph
Finally, I have to give an honorable mention to two books that were published in 2015 but which I didn’t read until 2016. These two books were definitely my favorite non-fiction reads in 2016 and there’s no way that I couldn’t mention them. Troy Howarth’s So Deadly, So Perverse and So Deadly, So Perverse Volume 2 contain everything you could possibly want to know about the giallo genre!
Tomorrow, my look back at 2016 continues with my favorite novels of the year!
Previous Entries In The Best of 2016:
- TFG’s 2016 Comics Year In Review : Top Tens, Worsts, And Everything In Between
- Anime of the Year: 2016
- 25 Best, Worst, and Gems I Saw In 2016
- 2016 in Review: The Best of SyFy
- 2016 in Review: The Best of Lifetime
- 2016 in Review: Lisa Picks the 16 Worst Films of 2016!
- Necromoonyeti’s Top Ten Albums of 2016
- 2016 In Review: Lisa Marie’s 14 Favorite Songs of 2016
- 2016 In Review: 10 Good Things I Saw On Television in 2016
Pingback: 2016 in Review: Lisa Marie’s 20 Favorite Novels of 2016 | Through the Shattered Lens
Pingback: 2016 in Review: Lisa Marie Picks The 26 Best Films of 2016! | Through the Shattered Lens
Pingback: 2021 In Review: Lisa Marie’s 10 Top Non-Fiction Books | Through the Shattered Lens
Pingback: 2022 In Review: Lisa Marie’s Top 10 Non-Fiction Books | Through the Shattered Lens