There’s a freaking eclipse going on right now, y’all!
While the rest of America is debating football and Alexandre Rothier is making fun of us for not being soccer fans, Erin and I have been shivering out in the backyard and watching as the moon slowly disappears. It’s like 36 degrees out there and neither one of was exactly dressed warmly but hey, it’s the first eclipse of the year! It’s called a Bloodmoon, which I assume has something to do with Twilight.
For me, this week was all about getting caught up with the films of 2018. For once, I actually managed to accomplish what I wanted to do. I watched a lot of movies. I posted my picks for the best and the worst of the year. Now that I’m finished with 2018, I can actually focus on 2019. For me, it was a good week and it just seem fitting to end it with an eclipse!
This upcoming week should be wild! Oscar nominations of Tuesday. Celebrity Big Brother starts on Monday. Sundance starts on the 24th. But, before we get started with all of that, here’s what I did last week:
Movies I Watched
- Avicii: True Stories (2018)
- Battle (2018)
- Blindspotting (2018)
- The Cutting Edge (1992)
- Death of a Nation (2018)
- The Favourite (2018)
- Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow (1959)
- Green Book (2018)
- Gun City (2018)
- Happy As Lazzaro (2018)
- The Hurricane Heist (2018)
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- The Karate Kid (1984)
- Like A Country Song (2012)
- Mary, Queen of Scots (2018)
- Mid90s (2018)
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post (2018)
- Mission Impossible: Fall-Out (2018)
- The Most Assassinated Woman In The World (2018)
- Porndemic (2016)
- Recovery Boys (2018)
- Roma (2018)
- St. Paul (2000)
- Shirkers (2018)
- A Simple Favor (2018)
- Spider-Man (2002)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018)
- Support the Girls (2018)
- They’ll Love Me When I’m Dead (2018)
- Upgrade (2018)
- White Boy Rick (2018)
Television Shows I Watched:
- 60 Days In
- The Bachelor 23
- Ghost Whisperer
- Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell and Back
- Hell’s Kitchen
- King of the Hill
- The Orville
- True Detective
- Undercover Boss
Books I Read:
- The Egyptian Gods and Goddesses (1992) by Clive Barrett
- Lost Atlantis (1969) by J.V. Luce
- The Mad Ones (2008) by Tom Folsom
Music To Which I Listened:
- Alkaline Trio
- Avril Lavigne,
- Britney Spears
- David Guetta
- Jai Wolf
- Nouveau Lounge
- Saint Motel
Links From Last Week
- On my music site, I shared songs from Saint Motel, Britney Spears, Avril Lavigne, Jia Wolf, Britney Spears again, Alkaline Trio, and Tiesto and Sevenn.
- Over at SyFy Designs, I wrote The Shallow Hotness of Beto and January 18th 2019 — Early Morning Thoughts.
- On her photography site, Erin shared: Mushroom, Back Yard, Red Sky At Night, Dark Places, Watchers, Fountain, and Dorothy In The Haunted Forest.
- Sorry, but ‘This Is Us’ is totally overrated — here’s why you can skip it
- On The Trail: The Resplendent Prose Stylings of 2020 Frontrunner Beto O’Rourke
- Dario Argento claims Luca Guadagnino’s ‘Suspiria’ remake ‘betrayed’ his original version
- Netflix Reboots “Unsolved Mysteries”
Links From The Site
- Case reviewed IO and The Meg!
- Erin profiled George Erickson and shared the following artwork: Lament for Four Virgins, Leg-Art Virgin, Her Soul Went First, Portrait of a Mobster, Finders Keepers, Detective Fiction Weekly, and the Golden Touch!
- Gary reviewed The Westerner, Bowery at Midnight, and The Woman in the Window!
- Ryan reviewed Migraine, Hobo Mom, and Things Go Wrong and he shared his weekly reading list!
- Arleigh shared the trailer for the new Spider-Man film and a song called Paradise Lost!
- I finally completed my look back at 2018 with: The Ten Worst Movies Of The Year, The Best of Lifetime, The Best of SyFy, My Ten Favorite Novels, My 12 Favorite Non-Fiction Books, My Top Ten Songs, Ten Good Things that I saw on Television, and My 26 Top Films Of 2018! I also reviewed White Boy Rick and shared the trailers for Ghostbusters 3 and John Wick 3! Finally, I shared music videos from Grey and Nouveau Lounge, along with the following from Britney Spears: Sometimes, Oops …. I Did it Again, From the Bottom of My Broken Heart, Lucky, and Stronger!
Stay supple, everyone!