The trailer for the fourth Avengers movie was released earlier today.
The trailer reveals that:
- Thanos did succeed in wiping out 50% of the universe’s population.
- Tony Stark is floating around in space.
- Thor is feeling depressed.
- Thanos is wandering around his new home, perhaps in the nude and maybe suffering from the ennui that often inflicts people who have achieved their lifelong dream too early.
- Captain America has a plan. Doesn’t he always?
- The Black Widow is still doing the blonde thing.
- Clint Barton is now some sort of ninja and Ant-Man made it back from that dimension that he was stranded in at the end of his previous film.
- The name of the latest Avengers film is Endgame.
And, to be honest, I think that might be an appropriate title. I loved Infinity War but, after going to the extreme of wiping out 50% of the universe, it’s kind of hard to see how any other film is going to top it. At some point, the MCU bubble is going to pop and, with Chris Evans apparently leaving the role of Captain America after this film, we’ll have to see wait and see what the next phase of the MCU is going to be.
Here’s the trailer!