The Oscar nominations were finally revealed this week and now, I feel like I’ve slammed into a brick wall. It’s not that I had any issues with the nominations. It’s just that, since December, all of my focus has been on awards season. Now, award season is pretty much over and I’m still adjusting.
Anyway, woe is me! Here’s what I watched and listened to this week!
Films I Watched:
- Airplane! (1980)
- Babylon (2022)
- Breakdown (1997)
- Crash and Byrnes (2000)
- Dr. Strange In The Multiverse of Madness (2022)
- The Fabelmans (2022)
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (2022)
- Marcel the Shell With Shoes On (2022)
- Margin Call (2011)
- Pearl (2022)
- The Prowler (1981)
- The Spanish Cape Mystery (1935)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
- Troll 2 (1990)
- TV Party: Documentary (2005)
- Wire Room (2022)
- You People (2023)
Television Shows I Watched:
- American Auto
- The Bachelor
- The Brady Bunch Hour
- Customer Wars
- Football Game: Bengals vs Chiefs
- Football Game: Eagles vs The 49ers
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Kids Behind Bars: Life or Parole?
- Law & Order
- The Most Comfortable Bra You Will Ever Own
- Neighborhood Wars
- Night Court
- Parking Wars
- Survivor: Redemption Island
Music To Which I Listened:
- Britney Spears
- Camila Cabello
- The Chemical Brothers
- Emma Bunton
- Fiona Apple
- Geri Halliwell
- Katy Perry
- Olivia Rodrigo
- The Prodigy
- Selena Gomez
- Taylor Swift
- Tyler Hubbard
- Lisa Marie’s Final Oscar 2022 Predictions
- Online Film Critics Society Winners
- Latino Entertainment Journalists Nominees
- Kansas City Film Critics Winners
- Razzie Nominations
- What If Lisa Marie Picked The Oscar Nominees: 2022 Edition
- Oscar Nominations
- Writers Guild Nominations
- The Sundance Film Festival Winners
News From Last Week:
- Lisa Loring, the original Wednesday Addams, passes away at 64
- Spanish Film Director Eugenio Martin Dies at 97
- Painter and Beat Film Director Alfred Leslie Dies at 95
- Musician and Producer Tom Verlaine Dies at 73
- Money, That’s What I Want Singer Barrett Strong Died at 84
- Actress Annie Wersching Dies at 45
- Actress Sylvia Syms Dies at 89
- Actor Lance Kerwin Dies at 62
- Three Dog Night Drummer Floyd Sneed Dies at 80
- Actor Everett Quinton Dies at 71
- Why Andrea Riseborough’s controversial upset Oscar nomination is now under review by the Academy
- ‘To Leslie’ Instagram Post Referencing Cate Blanchett Could Factor Into Academy Board Meeting
- Christina Ricci Says Academy’s ‘Backward’ Review of Andrea Riseborough Oscar Nom ‘Feels Elitist’
- Avatar 2’ Tops Box Office for Seventh Weekend, Crosses $2.11 Billion Globally
Links From Last Week:
- Oscars Op-Ed: Why Surprise Nominee Andrea Riseborough Is Unlikely to Face Sanctions for Unusual Campaign
- Have You Seen This Black Bear Selfie Queen? Hundreds Of Wild Bear Selfies For Your Sunday!
- Tater’s Week in Review 1/28/23
Links From The Site:
- I shared my week in television!
- I paid tribute to Tobe Hooper!
- I shared scenes from Metropolitan and The Addams Family!
- I reviewed Hitchhike!, Wire Room, and You People!
- I reviewed Hang Time, Fantasy Island, The Love Boat, City Guys, The Brady Bunch Hour, and California Dreams!
- I shared music videos from Daughter, Yelle, Tyler Hubbard, Kofs, Opaline, Diplo, and Blanco!
- Erin shared Silk Stocking Stories, Wanton By Night, Night Bus, Wink, Weird Tales, Illicit Pleasure, and Naked Acre!
More From Us:
- At my music site, I shared songs from Selena Gomez, Camila Cabello, Geri Halliwell, Lorde, Fiona Apple, Emma Bunton, and Olivia Rodrigo!
- At her photography site, Erin shared Ring, dark path, twins, SMU, Watching, and Play!
A very productive week to be sure! Some classic comedy and my favorite film of 2022 (which is much hated by most!). You also watched a film that I hated for being a “self-love” letter by the Director and I’m sure you know which one that is!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m sure I can guess which films your referring to! Lol. Babylon did not quite make my top ten but I thought it was far better than the critical drubbing it’s been getting.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It reminds me of the horrible reviews that “The King Of Comedy” received in 1982 and then at the end of the decade Critics named it the most overlooked and acclaimed film of the 80’s….ummmmm…….maybe because you trashed it upon release?
Pingback: Lisa Marie’s Week In Review: 1/30/23 — 2/5/23 | Through the Shattered Lens