I spent most of this week sick. No …. not COVID sick. Instead, I just had a cold. I get a cold every January. In fact, I almost always get a cold during the second week of January so really, I guess I should be happy that I’m consistent about these things. The temperature is plunging outside. The nights are below freezing. The days aren’t much better. The snow that is covering the rest of the country might reach us eventually. Who knows? But, my point is, this is the type of weather that always leads to me getting a cold so it’s no surprise or reason for worry that I ended up with a cold this week.
Still, being sick when there’s things you want to do sucks! And it especially sucks right now because anytime I so much as sniff in public, everyone turns around and stares like I’m a witch. And it doesn’t matter if I’m wearing a mask. I could probably carry a negative COVID test around with me and there’s certain people in the world who would freak out the slightest hint of a cough.
My point is, people are paranoid out there. But again, I’m not a witch. I’m just a girl with asthma, trying to survive the cold season. I will happily be weighed alongside a duck because I am definitely not a witch.
Anyway, I was sick from Monday until Thursday. I’m over it now and I’m ready to make up for missed time over the upcoming week! Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week:
Films I Watched:
- American Ninja 2 (1987)
- Dear Evan Hansen (2021)
- End of a Gun (2016)
- God’s Not Dead: We The People (2021)
- I Hear The Trees Whispering (2022)
- The Internship (2013)
- The Last Duel (2021)
- Mass (2021)
- Murder in the Blue Room (1944)
- The Truman Show (1998)
Television Shows I Watched:
- Allo Allo
- The Amazing Race
- The Bachelor
- Bar Rescue
- Football Game: Cowboys vs The Cheaters
- Full House
- Judge Steve Harvey
- King of the Hill
- The Office
- Open All Hours
- Relatively Famous: Ranch Rules
- Silk Stalkings
Books I Read:
- The Man on the Train (1988) by W.J. Chaput
Music To Which I Listened:
- Bee Gees
- Britney Spears
- Calvin Harris
- The Chambers Brothers
- Charli XCX
- The Chemical Brothers
- Fatboy Slim
- Fiona Apple
- Icona Pop
- John Carpenter
- JR JR
- Katy Perry
- Paper Lace
- The Prodigy
- Saint Motel
- Smokey Robinson
- Steve Miller Band
- Taylor Swift
- Yvonne Elliman
Best of 2021:
- North Dakota Film Society Nominations
- San Francisco Bay Area Critics Circle Winners
- Denver Film Critics Society Nominations
- Seattle Film Critics Society Nominations
- San Diego Film Critics Society Winners
- Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Guild Nominations
- Music City Film Critics Association Nominations
- Austin Film Critics Association Winners
- SAG Nominations
- Georgia Film Critics Association Winners
- Hawaii Film Critics Society Winners
- Iowa Film Critics Association Winners
- Kansas City Film Critics Circle Winners
- Toronto Film Critics Association Winners
News From Last Week:
- Groundbreaking Canadian Director Jean-Claude Lord dies at 78
- French director Jean-Jacques Beineix dies
- Cultural Critic Terry Teachout Dies
- Legendary singer Sonny Turner dies at 83
- Icon Ronnie Spector dies at 78
- Box Office: ‘Scream’ Debuts to Bloody Impressive $30.6 Million
Links From Last Week:
- Hiking To The Iconic Hollywood Sign! Getting My Tinseltown Close-Up!
- The World’s Common Tater’s Week in Books, Movies, and TV 1/14/22
Links From The Site:
- Case reviewed Gone and the Lady Vic episode of Titans!
- Erin shared The Scarlet Spade, The Grindle Nightmare, The Smasher, A Half Interest in Murder, Crockett’s Woman, The Shame Takers, and Top of the Heap! She also reviewed Forever Strong and took a look at the covers of Detective Short Stories!
- Jeff reviewed Gunfighters, End of the Gun, Griff the Invisible, Rangers of Fortune, The Doolins of Oklahoma, Ring of Terror, and Space Rage! He also played Second Wind and wrote about Galactus and the first ever televised football game!
- Val shared her 25 Best, Worst, and Gems list of 2021!
- Ryan reviewed The Christmas Before/Santer, Quiet Thoughts, and Sour Pickles!
- I shared music videos from Wyre, The Chambers Brothers, Chic, Bee Gees, Steve Miller Band, Paper Lace, and Yvonne Elliman!
- I reviewed Ford: The Man and the Machine, Dear Evan Hansen, I Hear The Trees Whispering, Space Mutiny, and God’s Not Dead 4.
- I paid tribute to John Carpenter and Walter Hill!
- I shared scenes from Diva and Bonnie and Clyde,
- I read 1988!
- I shared my week in television and reviewed the Dexter finale!
- I shared an AMV of the Day and a short film called The Other Fellow’s Feelings!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! Consider subscribing!
- For Horror Critic, I reviewed I Hear The Trees Whispering!
- At my online dream journal, I shared: Monday Morning’s Lecture Dream, No Dreams on Tuesday, Wednesday Morning’s Snow Dream, Thursday Morning’s Locked-In Dream, Friday Morning’s Broken Window Dream, No Dreams on Saturday Morning, and Sunday Morning’s Trip To The Lake Dream!
- For Reality TV Chat, I wrote about the latest episode of The Amazing Race!
- At my music site, I shared songs from Avicii, Samuel, Muse, Alesso & Katy Perry, Coldplay, David Shire, and Donavon!
- At Pop Politics, Jeff shared Look Who’s Running Again, Tom Malinowski Channels Henry V, Larry Hogan for Senate?, He’s Always Been Like This, It’s About Time, God Has Abandoned The Patriots, and Thank You, Tom Brady!
- At her photography site, Erin shared mediation, Light in A Tunnel, Flower, New Angle, Guard, Shoes on a Wire, and Blue Sky!
Want to see what I did last week? Click here!
(I am not a witch.)
What a week! Still need to see “The Last Duel”, need to be in the right mood for it I think