For the record, I hate the term “adulting” and yet, that’s probably the only term that I can use to describe last week. I acted like an adult and I did a bunch of adult things and none of them make for a particularly a good story but they still had to be done. For instance, I got the battery changed in my car. I paid all of my bills. I went over to my Dad’s house to make sure that the landscapers trimmed the trees so that he didn’t get fined by the city.
Actually, I guess that last bit might make a good story. The city was actually going to fine my Dad because the branches on the trees in his front yard were reaching across something called “the gutter line.” My Dad is having a few health issues right now so he really wasn’t feeling up to doing it himself. So, I called the landscapers and I made sure that they took care of it. That’s not a problem, of course. The problem is that it had to be done in the first place. The letter that the city sent my Dad was particularly snooty as well, as if a branch reaching across the gutter line was the greatest sin known to man. My main regret is that the branches all went into a woodchipper because I would have liked to have dumped them in front of city hall!
(I also have to say that I couldn’t look at the woodchipper without thinking about that scene in Fargo, where Frances McDormand comes across Peter Stomare disposing of Steve Buscemi. Agck!)
Anyway, I did get a chance to watch a few movies and to follow the news from Cannes. Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week:
Films I Watched:
- Bonfire of the Vanities (1990)
- Death Ship (1980)
- Hobo With A Shotgun (2011)
- In The Heights (2021)
- Kagemusha (1980)
- Scarecrow (1973)
- The Son’s Room (2001)
Television Shows I Watched:
- Allo Allo
- The Bachelorette
- Bar Rescue
- Big Brother
- Children’s Hospital
- Court Cam
- Hell’s Kitchen
- Love Island
- Moone Boy
- The Office
- Open All Hours
- Parking Wars
- Upstart Crow
Books I Read:
- Red Thorns (2021) by Rina Kent
Music To Which I Listened:
- Adi Ulmansky
- Barry Adamson
- Big Data
- The Chemical Brothers
- Dillon Francis
- Dope Lemon
- Dua Lipa
- Jennifer Lopez
- Lynard Skynard
- The Marias
- The Mirrors
- Nick Cave
- Saint Motel
- Samantha Fish
- Wolf Alice
News From Last Week:
- Richard Donner Dead: Director of Superman and Lethal Weapon Passes Away
- Robert Downey, Sr. Dead: Director was 85
- William Smith, Actor Known For His Onscreen Brawl, dies at 88
- Chick Venerra Dies: Actor Appeared in Thank God It’s Friday
- Actress Suzanne Douglas Dead At 64
- Lethal Weapon and Goonies Sequels Are Unlikely After Death of Donner
Links From Last Week:
Links From The Site:
- Erin shared Dead Lion, Ideal Love, Master Detective, Lady In Peril, Hoboes And Harlots, Exciting Love, and The Curtain Never Falls!
- I shared my week in television and I reviewed Scarecrow and The Son’s Room! I shared music videos from Adi Ulmansky, Dope Lemon, Transviolet, Samantha Fish, Dillon Francis, The Marias, and Adi Ulmansky again!
- Ryan reviewed Alanzo Sneak, Dead Cells, Fellas, 2001, Our Fighting Forces, SuperPowers, and Captain Victory!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! Consider subscribing!
- For Solrad, Ryan reviewed How You See Me?
- On her photography site, Erin shared: Red, Crimson, Green, Red Sun, Blue, Violet and Red, and Orange!
- At Pop Politics, Jeff shared: The Morning Of The 5th Of July, Allen West Is In, Gary Slagel Is In, Senator Herschel Walker, Abbott’s Not Going Anywhere, You’re Not Helping, and Go England!
- On my music site, I shared songs from Saint Motel, Haim, The Mirrors, Retriever, Wolf Alice, Joywave, and Nick Cave And Barry Adamson!
- At Reality TV Chat, I shared: Tonight’s The Night, The More Things Change, Week 1 Wildcard Results, Week 1 Nominations, Week 1 Veto Results, and The Messy Truth!
- On my online dream journal, I shared: No Dreams For The 4th, Last Night’s TV Dream, Last Night’s Fragment Of A Working Dream, Last Night’s WIld Pack Of Dogs Dream, Last Night’s Fireworks Dream, Last Night’s Tree Cutting Dream, and Last Night’s Grocery Store Dream!
- At SyFyDesigns, I shared: It Was A Good Week, Today I Went To The Library, A Poem About The Movies, Wishing I Was At Cannes, I Missed It, Wisdom From Mr Wells, and Be Happy!