I am currently writing from a place of great frustration. Now to mince words but I absolutely hate that new WordPress editor. That may chance as I get used to it but, as of right now, I find it to be clunky, cluttered, and overly difficult. I wouldn’t be quite so frustrated if I had been given some sort of choice in the matter, if perhaps WordPress had given me the option of sticking with the so-called classic editor.
Instead, this new block editor was forced on me and it’s driving my ADD crazy. Things that were once very simple — like determining the size of the images in my post — now have extra steps. For obvious reasons, I write all of my week in review posts throughout the week but that’s not always easy to do with block editor. (For one thing, whenever I try to add to a pre-existing list, the editor tries to create an entirely new block.) Block editor is kind of like a friend who is always so eager to help that they end up getting in your way. Add to that, since this is an ongoing update, there are random moments when some WordPress function will suddenly stop working because it’s currently being tinkered with. It’s frustrating and I’d be lying if I said it hadn’t effected my productivity my week.
But you know what? I’ll figure it out and we will survive. This site had been through a lot since 2009. If nothing else, TSL survives.
(Late Note From Lisa: About an hour after I wrote the three paragraphs above, I figured out how to switch over to classic editor so yay! I once again love WordPress and I’m totally looking forward to next week now!)
Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week!
Films I Watched:
- Blackboard Jungle (1955)
- The Diary of a High School Bride (1959)
- Gridlock (1996)
- High School Confidential (1958)
- High School Hellcats (1958)
- Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD (1998)
- One Night With The King (2006)
- Piranhaconda (2012)
- Right or Wrong: Making Moral Decisions (1951)
- Teen Witch (1989)
- To Sir, With Love (1967)
Television Shows I Watched:
- Allo Allo
- Hell’s Kitchen 20
- Hill Street Blues
- Last Man Standing
- Lost In Space
- Moone Boy
- The Office
- Open All Hours
- Upstart Crow
- Yes Minister
Books I Read:
- The Last Thing He Told Me (2021) by Laura Dave
Music To Which I Listened:
- Armin van Buuren
- Carly Simon
- The Chemical Brothers
- Dua Lipa
- Dusty Springfield
- Kedr Linvasnkiy
- Lynard Skynard
- Public Service Broadcasting
- Rebecca Black
- Saint Motel
- Wolf Alice
News From Last Week:
- Cannes Film Festival lineup features Wes Anderson, Sean Penn
- Big Brother’s Mike ‘Boogie’ Malin Found Guilty of Felony Stalking, Sentenced to 2-Year Probation
- Babylon Bee demands retraction from NY Times over ‘misinformation’ label
- The Conjuring 3 Beats A Quiet Place At The Box Office
- Clarence Williams III Dead: Mod Squad and Purple Rain Star Dies at 81
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Welcome Daughter Lilibet Diana
Links From Last Week:
- Ellie Kemper and Twitter’s Two Minutes Hate
- Why is Ellie Kemper being targeted?
- How the 2001 Cannes Lineup Could Resuscitate World Cinema
- Tater’s May 2021 In Books
Links From The Site:
- I reviewed Gridlock and Save The Last Dance 2! I shared my week in television and music videos from Cannons and Desire!
- Erin shared images of Memorial Day past, reviewed The Bingo Longo All-Stars, and shared the worst play in the history of baseball! She also shared: Flags, Hanging Around, Campus Doll, Doomsday 1999, 10-Story Detective Magazine, Unlike Others, and D-Day: The Assault!
- Jeff shared music videos from David Bowie, Annie Lennox, David Byrne, U2, and The Whispers!
- Ryan reviewed Holy Diver, The Big Jab, and Poems for Profit!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! You should consider subscribing!
- At my music site, I shared songs from War, Haim, Rebecca Black, Public Service Broadcasting, Pertubator, Chvrches, and Wolf Alice!
- At her photography site, Erin shared Sit and Think, Best Friends In Black and White, Highland Park in Black and White, Stadium Stairs, SMU, Limbs, and Stars and Stripes!