Another weeks come to an end. This year is nearly halfway over and yet it still feels like it hasn’t really even begun.
Anyway, here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week. I didn’t watch as many movies as I meant to so I’m a bit disappointed in myself. Oh well. I’ll make up for it next week!
Films I Watched:
- The Assistant (2020)
- Cold Turkey (1971)
- Contraband (1980)
- Hoffa (1992)
- A Long Way Off (2014)
- The Night Clerk (2020)
- Slow Fade (2011)
- The Vast of Night (2020)
- Wendigo (2001)
Television Shows I Watched:
- The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons — Ever!
- The Bold and the Beautiful
- Celebrity Ghost Stories
- Coming Home
- Days of Our Lives
- Doctor Phil
- General Hospital
- Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours To Hell And Back
- I Killed My BFF
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- The Office
- South Park
- The Twilight Zone
- Word of Dance
- The Young and the Restless
Books I Read:
- Esther: Royal Beauty (2015) by Angela Hunt
Music To Which I Listened:
- Armin van Buuren
- Big Data
- Bob Dylan
- The Chemical Brothers
- Elle King
- Ellie Goulding
- The Heavy
- Icona Pop
- Neon Indian
- Nine Inch Nails
- Robyn Adele Anderson
- Saint Motel
- St. Vincent
News From Last Week:
- Oscars: 93rd Academy Awards moved to April 25, 2021; eligibility period extended by two months
- Ordinary Woman Fired Because of Washington Post Article About Costume She Wore at Halloween Party Two Years Ago
- ‘The Good Place’ Producer Megan Amram Grovels for Forgiveness Over Bad Tweets
- Jimmy Kimmel announces he is taking the summer off to spend time with his family after blackface controversy among late-night hosts
- The Bold and the Beautiful’ using blowup dolls for sex scenes in new episodes
- Fall TV schedule takes shape with cancellations, renewals and additions
- James Gandolfini Once Threatened to “Beat the F*ck” Out of Harvey Weinstein After a Disagreement
- The Oldest Hatred Rears Its Head
Links From Last Week:
- Washington Elite’s Stalinist Halloween
- The 20 Best Movies Eligible for the 2021 Oscars Right Now
- Why Can’t You Get Canceled For Anti-Semitism?
- The Washington Post’s Halloween Costume Hit Job Is a New Low for Cancel Culture
- Washington Post opens new front in the cancel culture wars
- Dirty Harry, The Searchers, and True Lies do not need warning labels
- How Quibi became the Fyre Fest of the coronavirus
- The American Soviet Mentality
- Jimmy Kimmel needs to apologize for blackface sketch, not take a vacation
- The “cancel” crew will come for you someday soon.
Links From The Site:
- Erin reviewed Bang the Drum Slowly and shared The Sexy Covers of Charles Copeland and More Covers From Hard Case Crime! She also shared: The Junk Pusher, Death of Jezebel, Film Fun, Past All Dishoner, Shadow of a Killer, The Moving Target, and Father and Son!
- Doc wished everyone a Happy Father’s Day and shared a music video from Neon Indian! (I helped.)
- Jeff shared music videos from Iggy Pop, AC/DC, Journey, and Berlin! He also reviewed If Lucy Fell, Megaforce, Rockstar, an issue of What If?, The Trigger Effect, Don King: Only in America, Parallel Lives, Eye See You, Hard Target, and 3000 Miles to Graceland!
- I paid tribute to Ian Holm, Lucio Fulci, Daria Nicolodi, and Vilmos Zsigmond. I reviewed Hoffa, Cold Turkey, and Contraband! I shared music videos from Robyn Adele Anderson and Ekkah!
- Ryan reviewed Chapter Two, Book Fight, Hero, and (extra) Ordinary!
More From Us:
- On my music site, I shared songs from Neon Indian, St. Vincent, Coldplay, Kygo & Ellie Goulding, Elle King, and Saint Motel!
- On her photography site, Erin shared: Country Rain, Dallas, 311 Market, Hotel Lawrence, Metropolis, D, and On Market Street!
- At Days Without Incident, Leonard shared songs from Hans Zimmer and Marvin Gaye!
- Ryan has a patreon and you should consider subscribing!
Have a safe week, everyone!