Hi there! Welcome to Lisa’s Week In Review. This year, on Monday, I’m going to post everything that I watched, read, and listened to during the previous week. Since I love to make lists, I’m hoping that this will encourage me to see more, read more, and listen to more this year than I did last year!
I’m happy that 2017 started on Monday, which is also the start of the week. I like it when things are neat and orderly like that. For the first three days of 2018, the temperatures in DFW were below freezing though, unlike the rest of the country, we didn’t get any snow or ice. Around Wednesday, the temperature got up above 32 degrees and the last few days have actually been wonderfully pleasant. Of course, I spent most of the week lying on the couch with a cold.
Anyway, without further ado, here’s my week in review!
Movies I Watched:
- The Bachelor Next Door (2017)
- Blood, Sweat, and Lies (2018)
- Cast A Deadly Spell (1991)
- Cradle Swapping (2017)
- Dazed and Confused (1993)
- Deadly Exchange (2017)
- Dr. No (1962)
- From Russia With Love (1963)
- Goldfinger (1964)
- Honey 3: Dare to Dance (2016)
- Insidious: The Last Key (2018)
- The Love-Ins (1967)
- Neverknock (2017)
- Psycho Brother-in-Law (2017)
- Psycho In-Law (2017)
- Psycho Wedding Crasher (2017)
- Riot on the Sunset Strip (1967)
- The Sandman (2017)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)
- Stage Fright (2017)
- Stickman (2017)
- A Tale of Two Coreys (2018)
- Tiny House of Terror (2017)
- Thunderball (1965)
- What a Girl Wants (2004)
- The Wrong Mother (2017)
TV Shows I Watched
(For whatever reason, I watched a lot of true crime last week.)
- 2018 Winter Olympic Trials
- 60 Days In
- The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards
- The Amazing Race 30
- American Justice
- American Monster
- The Bachelor 22 — I usually stop watching The Bachelor once all the crazy people get kicked off the show.
- Dance Moms
- Dead Silent
- Dr. Phil
- Evil Lives Here
- Full House
- Hell’s Kitchen 17
- Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda
- House Hunters
- It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia — For the record, I laughed so hard at the episode where Frank and Dee got a job selling knives door-to-door that I literally fell off of my couch.
- King of the Hill
- Last Call With Carson Daly
- Model Killers
- Murder in the Heartland
- My Evil Sister — I had to make Erin watch this with me.
- The Office — The Prison Mike episode.
- People Magazine Investigates
- Project Runway All-Stars
- Saved By The Bell
- The Twilight Zone — SyFy always does a Twilight Zone marathon on January 1st.
- Twin Peaks: The Return
- U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- The X-Files
- Your Worst Nightmare
Books I Read
(I’m ashamed to say that, over the course of last week, I watched over 60 different movies and TV shows but I only read two books. This will change in the future.)
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (1953) — I found a copy of this at Half-Price Books last week. The copy that I found once belonged to a student named Ashley and she filled the margins with notes about her friends Taylor and Sidney. At the start of the book, they were best friends. About halfway through, she suddenly hated both of them but, by the end of the book, they were friends again. Yay!
- You’re Ok, Your Cat’s Ok: How to Establish A Meaningful Relationship With Your Cat by Marcus Schenk and Jill Caravan (1992) — This book is full of helpful hints on how to get along with your cat. Of course, it’s also full of pictures of cute kitties, which is the main reason we own it.
Music I Listened To
- Amy Winehouse
- Anders Nilsen
- Armin van Buuren
- Big Data
- Blanck Mass
- Bob Dylan
- Britney Spears
- Calvin Harris
- Chappell Roan
- Charli XCX
- The Chemical Brothers
- Cindy Alma
- Daft Punk
- Dillon Francis
- Elle King
- Fitz and the Tantrums
- Gerry Rafferty
- Icona Pop
- Jeff Buckley
- Lindsay Cardy
- Lindey Stirling
- Martin Garrix
- Rebecca & Fiona
- The Shelters
- Steve Aoki
- Taylor Swift
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
- The White Stripes
Links From Last Week
(These are blog posts that I saw last week that I’m recommending you check out.)
- In honor of National Take A Poet To Lunch Day, I shared my favorite poem at SyFyDesigns.
- From the Ferguson Theater, Derrick Ferguson shares his picks for the best films of 2017.
- From Musings Of A Classic Film Addict, a tribute to the late Peggy Cummins.
- On the World’s Common Tater, Tater shared his year in reading for 2017.
- On Film Grimoire, Anna shared her top ten songs of 2017, something I’ll be doing on this site during the upcoming week.
- On Ted Book, Ted shares a story about how Amy Winehouse inspired him to reopen his site.
- From the Daily Grindhouse, here’s a review of a book about Christmas horrors on tv and in the movies.
- Janika, a member of the Late Night Movie Gang, writes about watching Cast A Deadly Spell with us and several other things.
- Here’s a poem from John Coyote.
- On the Immortal Jukebox, Thom Hickey goes on the radio.
- Over on her photography site, my sister Erin shared a picture of a squirrel getting ready for 2018.
On this site, be sure to check out:
- Patrick’s reviews of Driving While Black and House of Salem,
- Val’s picks for the 25 Best and Worst Things she saw last year,
- Erin’s picture for the New Year,
- Gary’s reviews of The Wild Angels, The Poseidon Adventure, and Willard,
- Jeff’s tribute to Isaac Asimov,
- Necromoonyeti’s Top 15 albums of 2017,
- Ryan’s thoughts on Cut Away Comics, Crust, and everything else he read last week!
- If I may brag on myself, check out my history of the men might have been Bond.
Have a great week everyone!