After weeks of hearing about the trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s Licorice Pizza, I finally got to see it for myself earlier today.
Just a few thoughts:
- The film is obviously a return to the 70s mileu of Anderson’s pervious films, Boogie Nights and Inherent Vice.
- Bradley Cooper does appear to be playing the legendary Hollywood producer Jon Peters.
- So much of the pre-publicity has centered on Cooper Hoffman that it’s interesting to see that the trailer is pretty much dominated by Alana Haim.
- Of course, there’s a scene of Alana walking in Los Angeles.
- Licorice Pizza was apparently the name of an actual record store. I prefer the title to Soggy Bottom.
- I’m always excited for a new Paul Thomas Anderson movie!
- Life on Mars is the perfect soundtrack for the trailer.
- I have to wonder if Bradley Cooper, Sean Penn, Tom Waits, and Benny Safdie have large roles or if they’re basically just doing cameos in this film. We’ll find out soon!
Along with the trailer, the film’s poster was also released. Here it is: