This week has been all about relaxing and there’s nothing wrong with that, especially when you consider what’s right around the corner. October’s coming up and with it, 31 days of straight horror. Rest assured that, at the Shattered Lens Bunker, we’re already getting prepared for the greatest horrorthon ever.
Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week!
Films I Watched:
Television Shows I Watched:
- Allo Allo
- Bachelor in Paradise
- Big Brother
- Impeachment: American Crime Story
- Moone Boy
- Open All Hours
- Talking Dead
- The Ultimate Surfer
- Upstart Crow
- The Walking Dead
- Yes, Minister
Books I Read:
- The Big Bad Book of Democrats (2005) by Lawrence Binda
- Black Abductor (1972) by Harrison James
- Got a Revolution: The Turbulent Flight of Jefferson Airplane (2003) by Jeff Tamarkin
- Fright Favorites (2020) by David J. Skal
Music To Which I Listened:
- The Beatles
- Bob Dylan
- Britney Spears
- The Chemical Brothers
- Elvis Costello
- G. Corp
- G. Love and Special Sauce
- George Harrison
- Jackie DeShannon
- The James Gang
- Jefferson Airplane
- Jefferson Starship
- Kid Rock
- Lisa Stansfield
- Lynard Skynard
- Marvin Gaye
- Nine Inch Nails
- The Prodigy
- The Rolling Stones
- Saint Motel
- Sydney Youngblood
- Taylor Swift
- The Who
News From Last Week:
- Jean-Paul Belmondo, magnetic star of the French New Wave, dies at 88
- ‘The Wire’ actor Michael K. Williams found dead in NYC apartment
- Jean-Pierre Adams, ex-soccer player, dies after 39 years in coma
- Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan manager dies in freak accident
- Entire Time’s Up board to step down amid Andrew Cuomo scandal
- Filmmaker Takeshi Kitano Attacked With Pickaxe in Japan
- Allison Mack enjoys one of her last meals as a free woman ahead of prison stint
- ‘Fuck Joe Biden’ Chants Break Out at College Football Games Across the Country
- Box Office: ‘Shang-Chi’ Triumphs Again in Second Weekend, ‘Malignant’ Misfires
- Marvel Studios Scores Its First Emmys With ‘WandaVision’
- 2021 Creative Arts Emmys: Winners List
- Venice Film Festival Awards: Golden Lion Goes to Audrey Diwan’s ‘Happening’
- The Venice Film Festival Carried Out 4,500 Covid Tests & Only Got 3 Positive Results
- Comedian Kate Quiqley Breaks Silence After Overdose Deaths of Friends
Links From Last Week:
- Oscars: Academy To Drop Awards Because of Ratings?
- The World’s Common Tater’s Week In Books, Movies, and Television
Links From The Site:
- Erin shared Road Work Ahead, The Big Bubble, Scylla, No Mask For Murder, The Adulterers, Man Painting The Twin Towers, and A Sin In Time!
- Jeff shared music videos from REO Speedwagon, The Silencers, Juice Newton, Rockpile with Robert Plant, Cliff Richard, Lenny Kravitz, and Lee Ritenour!
- I shared my week in TV and I reviewed Acapulco Gold and the latest episode of The Walking Dead! I also shared a scene from Breathless!
- Leonard reviewed Malignant and shared the trailer for Matrix Revolutions!
- Ryan returned Back In The Saddle Part One, Part Two, and Part Three!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! Consider subscribing!
- For SOLRAD, Ryan reviewed Blossoms in Autumn!
- In my online dream journal, I shared: Last Night’s Romantic Walk Dream, Last Night’s Convenience Store Dream, Last Night’s Dream In Which My Neighbor Lost His Foot, Last Night’s Yacht Dream, Last Night’s Marijuana Farm Dream, Last Night’s Deck Dream, and Last Night’s Weird Airplane Dream.
- For my music site, I shared songs from Britney Spears, deadmau5, Saint Motel, The Beatles, Taylor Swift, The Chemical Brothers, and Nine Inch Nails!
- For the Big Brother Blog, I reviewed Big Brother!
- At Reality TV Chat Blog, I shared: Week 9 Veto Meeting Results, It’s Time To Open Up The Diary Room For Week 9, About The Double Eviction, Week 10 Nominations, and Week 10 Veto Comp Results!
- At Pop Politics, Jeff shared: From The New York Times, Happy Labor Day, Vote Yes On The Recall and Larry Elder, Hearing The Water, Lake Texoma: Day 2, Tomorrow, September 11th: Do We Know Where We’re Going?, and Old Man Yells At Cloud!
- On her photography site, Erin shared: Possum, Skeleton, Holding On, Table, Rake, Broken Window, and Backyard on a September Day!