(From TV’s King of the Hill)
(From the “Hank’s Bully” episode of King of the Hill)
Hello there and Happy Thanksgiving! This is the time of year when we gather together, we look over the past few months, and we think about what we are thankful for. A lot of people online have also suggested that Thanksgiving is the perfect time to argue with relatives who hold different political views from you.
And sure — if you want to ruin Thanksgiving for everyone, go ahead and be that person. But for me, I’m just going to list 12 things that make me happy to be alive in 2014!
3) I’m thankful for all of The Hunger Games films and I’m thankful for the strength and empowerment that Jennifer Lawrence brings to the role of Katniss Everdeen.
4) I’m thankful that everything is awesome!
5) I’m thankful that this is the year that everyone else finally discovered that Shailene Woodley is one of the best actresses working today.
6) I’m thankful for Chris Pratt. (Who isn’t?)
7) I am especially thankful for sites like Awards Watch and Awards Circuit. These two sites provide some of the best Oscar coverage around and, unlike Awards Daily, they manage to do it while remaining fair, honest, and entertaining.
8) I’m thankful William J. Mann’s excellent book Tinseltown, a wonderful look back at the Hollywood of the 1920s and the unsolved murder of director William Desmond Taylor.
9) I’m thankful for the haunting perfection of True Detective.
10) I’m thankful for the hilarious satire of Veep. Meyer in 2016!
11) I’m thankful that Richard Linklater spent 12 years making Boyhood.
12) And, most importantly, I’m thankful for you! Thank you for visiting this site! Thank you for reading our reviews! Thank you for leaving comments! Thank you for making all of this worthwhile!
And, most of all, here’s hoping you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
We live in confusing times. Thankfully, we can always count on reruns of King of the Hill to provide some comfort…
Today’s scene that I love comes from the greatest show ever made about my home state of Texas, Mike Judge’s King of the Hill.