So many things to be thankful for!
Today is the day that I (and perhaps a few others) look over the past year and ask myself, “What am I thankful for?” I am happy to say that I have a lot to be thankful for right now. I’m thankful for my family, for my friends, for my readers, and for my love.
Believe it or not, I’m even thankful that I’m now 27 years old! When my family gathered together earlier today, I actually got to hang out with the grown ups! Seriously, being an adult was a lot more fun than I was expecting.
Traditionally, Thanksgiving is also the day when I do a post entitled “10 Things That I Am Thankful For.” So, here we go. As I stated previously, I’m thankful for a lot of things in 2012. Here, in no specific order, is twelve of them:
1) I’m thankful that The Cabin In The Woods and Sinister reminded me of why I love horror films in the first place.
2) I’m thankful for the Snarkalecs on twitter, the best group of people that a girl could hope to watch a SyFy movie with.
3) I’m thankful that this current season of Survivor is one of the best yet.
4) I’m thankful that someday, when I do have a daughter, I’ll be able to watch films like Brave and The Hunger Games with her.
5) I’m thankful that Richard Linklater directed Bernie and let the true citizens of Texas speak for themselves.
6) I’m thankful that Sarah Polley wrote and directed Take This Waltz.
7) I’m thankful for the TCMParty on twitter, the best group of people that a girl could hope to watch a classic film on TCM with.
8) I’m thankful that the final season of The Office is turning out to be a good one.
9) I’m thankful that Skyfall reminded us of why we all love James Bond in the first place.
10) I’m thankful that Branded eventually ended. Seriously, I was worried that film was never going to come to a close.
11) I’m thankful that The Avengers turned out to be a lot more fun than even I was expecting.
12) I’m thankful that even a generally disappointing film year can still see the release of films like Life of Pi and The Master.
What do you think, Trailer Kitties?
Don’t worry, kitties! Lisa Marie’s Favorite Grindhouse and Exploitation Film Trailers will return next week!