On Monday, no sooner had I returned home from my impromptu two-week vacation then I noticed that the main trending topic on Twitter was that Jada Pinkett Smith had “finally” spoken out about The Slap. Of course, she didn’t really say much beyond her usual “Let the healing begin” crap, which is what people always say when they’re trying to sound mature without actually being an adult about anything.
But what was interesting was that I actually had to remind myself about what The Slap was all about. I didn’t look at that headline and think to myself, “Finally, she’s speaking up about Will Smith hitting Chris Rock on national television.” Instead, I was like, “Oh yeah, that happened just a few months ago.” The news moves fast nowadays. Celebrity news moves even faster. For all the drama surrounding The Slap, it really didn’t take long for everyone to move onto the Depp/Heard trial. And now that the Depp/Heard trial is over, it won’t take long to move onto the next celebrity controversy.
Speaking of celebrities, Senator Dr. Oz is not something that I ever expected to be a serious possibility but here we are. My fear is that when ever either Cruz or Cornyn retires or moves on to another office, Dr. Phil will throw his hat into the ring to succeed them. Pretty soon, the entire Senate will be made up of TV doctors and reality show stars.
As for me, I was doing better as far as my back is concerned but then, on Friday, I was out in the backyard when it started to rain. As I went back to the house, I slipped on a puddle of water. I didn’t fall but, in the process of not falling, I managed to strain my back yet again! URGH! It’s a hard knock life.
Anyway, here’s what I watched, read, and listened to.
Films I Watched:
- 8-Bit Christmas (2021)
- Birds of Paradise (2021)
- Liberty & Bash (1989)
- Madhouse (1974)
- Pitch Perfect (2012)
- RoboVampire 3 (1989)
- Save The Last Dance (2001)
- The Sky Is Everywhere (2022)
- Tightrope (1984)
- The War of the Worlds (1953)
Television Shows I Watched:
- Allo Allo
- Full House
- Norm McDonald: Nothing Special
- Saved By The Bell
- We Own This City
Books I Read:
- Donavan (1974) by Carter Brown
- The Suicide Cult (1978) by Marshal Kilduff and Ron Javers
Music To Which I Listened:
- Adi Ulmansky
- Big Data
- Britney Spears
- Cedric Gervais
- The Chemical Brothers
- The Clash
- Daft Punk
- Donna Summer
- Em Biehold
- Jace Everett
- Jessie Murph
- Julia Rocka
- Katy Perry
- Martin Garrix
- Michael Fredo
- Paula Cole
- The Pretenders
- The Prodigy
- Public Image Ltd.
- Rich White
- Rolling Stones
- Saint Motel
- Sarah Barrios
- Sex Pistols
- Souixsie and the Banshees
- Tomoyasu Hotei
- 6 Classic Trailers For May 31st, 2022
- Destroy All Humans 2 — Reprobed
- Urban Myths — Tooth Worms
- The Devil Within
News From Last Week:
- Jury awards millions of dollars to Johnny Depp in libel suit; Amber Heard wins less in countersuit
- Atlanta rapper Trouble shot and killed
- Actor Milton Gonclaves Dies at 88
- Dr. Mehmet Oz wins GOP Senate Primary in Pennsylvania
- Top Gun Won’t Stop
- Box Office: ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ Bites Into $55 Million Internationally
Links From Last Week:
- “Dinner And A Movie”! Frogs Legs! Veal Stew Recipe From Paris! The Legendary Le Grand Colbert! “Something’s Gotta Give” With Nicholson, Keaton and Keanu! — Bite! Eat! Repeat!
- My May 2022 In Book (The World’s Common Tater)
Links From the Site:
- Erin took a look at The Covers of Space Busters, the work of Joe Little, and The Totally True Covers of True Adventure! She also posted For Memorial Day!
- Erin shared North-West Romances, Jenny By Nature, Killer Come Back To Me, The Lessons of Love, Isolation, Dirty Harry, and Memorial Day At Freeman Park!
- Jeff reviewed Liberty & Bash and Graveyard Shift at the Riverview Motel!
- Jeff shared a great moment from television history and a great moment from comic book history!
- I shared music videos from Em Beihold, Sarah Barrios, Jessie Murph, Paula Cole, Julia Rocka, Metric, and Upsahl!
- I shared my week in television, Why Study Speech?, and How Do You Know It’s Love?
- I shared an AMV for Clint Eastwood’s birthday!
- I took a look at the making of Dirty Harry!
- I shared my way too early Oscar predictions!
- I reviewed The Sky Is Everywhere, The Assassination Chain, Breezy, Escape From Alcatraz, Jud, and The Incredible Melting Man!
- I paid tribute to Marilyn Monroe, Howard Hawks, and Rainer Werner Fassbinder!
- I shared a scene from Magnum Force!
- I congratulated you on surviving the merry old month of May!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! Consider subscribing!
- At her photography site, Erin shared bridge, garden, beacon, possum, tracks, another possum, and Pearl Harbor Memorial!
- At my music site, I shared songs from Rolling Stones, Adi Ulmansky, Donna Summer, Katy Perry, Martin Garrix, Daft Punk, and Jace Everett!