Some weeks, it seems like time is standing still.
And then other weeks, the entire world changes in a day. Queen Elizabeth II died on Thursday and all I can say is that it’s remarkable how all the self-described contrarians on twitter had the exact same response and often used the exact same words to express that response.
As for me, I continue to prepare for October. Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to this week!
Films I Watched:
- A Little Game (1971)
- The China Lake Murders (1990)
- The City (1977)
- The Death of Richie (1977)
- Downdraft (1996)
- Last Shift (2014)
- Long Journey Back (1978)
- Night of the Comet (1984)
- The Principal (1987)
- Quarterback Princess (1983)
- Rollerball (1975)
- Scream of the Wolf (1974)
- The Strange Possession of Mrs. Oliver (1977)
- Teenage Caveman (1958)
- They Call Me Trinity (1971)
- The Who — Under Review: 1964 — 1968 (2005)
- Who Is The Black Dahlia (1975)
Television Shows I Watched:
- The Bachelorette
- Big Brother
- The Challenge
- Fantasy Island
- Full House
- Hang Time
- Inspector Lewis
- The Love Boat
- Mike Judge’s Beavis and Butt-Head
- Night Flight
Books I Read:
- Crash (1973) by J.G. Ballard
Music To Which I Listened:
- Adi Ulmansky
- Avril Lavigne
- Britney Spears
- The Chemical Brothers
- Duran Duran
- Gwen Stefani
- Hilary Duff
- The Human League
- Jessica Simpson
- John Carpenter
- Kylie Minogue
- The Prodigy
- Saint Motel
- Taking Back Sunday
News From Last Week:
- Queen Elizabeth II Has Died
- Queen Elizabeth II’s Obituary
- Actress Marsha Hunt Dies At 104
- Emmanuelle Director Just Jaeckin Dies at 82
- Director Alain Tanner Dies at 92
- Actor Jack Ging Dies At 90
- Queen’s Funeral Date Set As Young Royals Join In Mourning
- What Queen Elizabeth Did During Her Trip to Dallas In 1991
- With Queen Elizabeth’s Death, What Changes in the UK?
- In his first speech, King Charles III pledges to serve Britain
- Venice Film Festival Comes To A Close
Links From Last Week:
- New Mirsky Minis : “Generic Action Hero” And “Dingus And Dum-Dum”
- My Dinner With The Queen
- The World’s Common Tater’s Predictions for New Fall TV Shows
- The Word’s Common Tater’s Week in Books, Movies, and TV 9/9/22
- Here’s The Stunning NEW “9 To 5” From Dolly Parton And Kelly Clarkson! PLUS Kelly’s Season 4 Talk Show Sneak Peek!
- Remembering September 11, 2001. My Experience In New York That Week, From Howard Stern’s Studio To Meeting Bill Clinton…
Links From The Site:
- Erin shared the ultimate Labor Day scene, the covers of Smashing Detective Stories and Carrying the Flag!
- Erin shared Man and Machine, Lights Out, Enter, Possum, Bubba’s Bridge, Alley, Possum, and Our Flag!
- Jeff shared music videos from Dead Kennedys, Souixsie and the Banshees, Scorpions, Anthrax, INXS, Queensryche, and Staind!
- I reviewed The Death of Richie, California Dreams, Gang Boy, One World, City Guys, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, and Hang Time!
- I shared my week in television and an amv of the day!
- I shared a scene from A Face In The Crowd!
- I paid tribute to Brian De Palma, Dario Argento, and Werner Herzog!
More From Us:
- At her photography site, Erin shared 11, Tower, Clouds Above, Jake and Max, Vase, Spring Creek, and Peace In Black and White!
- At Pop Politics, Jeff shared Congratulations to Liz Truss, Self-Sabotage in Arizona, Self-Sabotage in Alaska, The Queen’s Health, The Queen Has Died, More On Alaska, The King’s Speech, and No Day Shall Erase You From The Memory Of Time!
- I reviewed Big Brother for the Big Brother Blog!
- At Reality TV Chat Blog, I shared Back From The Holiday, It’s Time To Open Up The Diary Room Week 9, About Tonight’s Double Eviction, Week 10 Nominations, and Week 10 Veto Comp!
- At my music site, I shared songs from Jessica Simpson, Kylie Minogue, Gwen Stefani, The Prodigy, Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, and Taking Back Sunday!
- At my dream journal, I shared Last Night’s Orient Express Dream, Last Night’s Art Show Dream, Last Night’s Kidnapping Dream, Last Night’s Work Dream, Last Night’s British Vacation Dream, Last Night’s Fort Smith Dream, and Last Night’s Dream About Amy’s Wedding Shower!