It’s going to be a short list this year but that’s okay.
- Chernobyl — This miniseries about the Chernobyl disaster was both engrossing and horrifying.
- Unbelievable — This Netflix miniseries was important viewing. Kaitlyn Dever gives one of the bravest and most honest performances of the year.
- The Finale of Veep — The best comedy on television went out on a high note. Selina got what she wanted and she lost everything as a result. Veep took a look at our leaders and showed us that, for the most part, they’re just as venal and screwed up as the rest of us.
- Barry — Without a doubt, one of the best shows to come along in a while. The adventure of Barry, hitman-turned-actor, continue to fascinate. Great work from Bill Hader, Henry Winkler, Stephen Root, Sarah Goldberg, and Anthony Carrigan.
- Tulsi Gabbard destroys Kamala Harris’s Presidential Campaign During The Democratic Primary Debate — There was just something very gratifying about watching a self-described “top tier candidate” get taken down by someone who the media previously attempted to dismiss.
- Colin and Christie finally won The Amazing Race — Yay!