There’s always a little bit of risk involved in making a list of the 16 worst films of the year. People take movies very seriously and, often times, the crappiest of films will have very passionate (and very ignorant) defenders. I was reminded of this in November when I wrote my review of The Leisure Class and I discovered that there actually are a few misguided dumbfug toadsuckers who actually enjoyed that movie.
But you know what? Even with that risk, I always enjoy making out my worst-of-the-year list. Let’s be honest: stupid people tend to like stupid movies. And it’s important to point out that stupidity. Only by pointing it out can we hope to defeat it. I’m sure that some people will disagree with some of my picks. After all, people initially disagreed with me when I announced that Man of Steel was the worst film of 2013. However, just 2 years later, most people now realize that I was right. There were also people who insisted, in 2011, that Another Earth was a great movie. Again, they now realize that they were wrong and I was right.
So, with all that in mind, here are my picks for the 16 worst films of 2015! For the most part, 2015 was a pretty good year for cinema. However, there were still a number of terrible films released and here’s 16 of them.
(Why 16? Because Lisa doesn’t do odd numbers!)
16) Stockholm, Pennsylvania (dir by Nicholas Beckwith)
15) Aloha (dir by Cameron Crowe)
14) The Lazarus Effect (dir by David Gelb)
13) The Woman In Black 2: The Angel of Death (dir by Tom Harper)
12) The Stranger (dir by Guillermo Amoedo)
11) Get Hard (dir by Etan Coen)
10) Fantastic Four (dir by Josh Trank)
9) War Room (dir by Alex Kendrick)
8) Tommorrowland (dir by Brad Bird)
7) Jenny’s Wedding (dir by Mary Agnes Donoghue)
6) The Gallows (dir by Craig Lofing and Travis Cluff)
5) Tooken (dir by John Asher)
4) The Last House on Cemetery Lane (dir by Andrew Jones)
3) Vacation (dir by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley)
2) The Leisure Class (dir by Jason Mann)
And finally, it’s time to name the worst film of 2015!
And the winner is….
1) Ted 2 (dir by Seth McFarlane)
Agree? Disagree? Leave a comment and let us know! And if you disagree, please let me know what movie you think was worse than Ted 2!
Tomorrow, I will be posting my 10 favorite songs of 2015!
Previous Entries In The Best of 2015: