Well, it’s been quite a week, hasn’t it?
Due to the whole coronavirus thing, I am going to be working from home for a month! Believe it or not, I actually have jury duty in about three weeks. I’m expected to ride the train and then take a bus down to the filthiest courthouse in the city so that I can sit in a small space with a bunch of strangers just so I can be told to go home after eight hours. I don’t think so. I’m guessing that, with everything closing, my jury duty will probably be canceled on its own. Let’s hope so!
(Update: It was. An hour after I wrote this, it was announced that all civil and criminal trials have been canceled in Dallas County until May 8th.)
Anyway, at least I’ll have a lot of time to watch a lot of movies and review them. I’ve heard some people are worried about what’s going to happen if Netflix and all the other streaming services crashes. I’m happy to say that, down here in the Texas offices of the TSL, we have 5,000 DVDS, blu-rays, and VHS tapes. Seriously, you should never stop buying physical media because you never know when you might need it.
Rest assured, everyone, that we here at the Shattered Lens are staying safe and taking precautions! We hope you are too.
Here’s what I watched, read, and listened to last week:
Films I Watched:
- 7 Deadly Sins (2019)
- Age of Summer (2018)
- Black Widow Killer (2018)
- Flash Gordon (1980)
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th — Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- The Humanity Bureau (2017)
- Into the Arms of Danger (2020)
- Jurassic Shark (2012)
- Lost Girls (2020)
- Love & Mercy (2014)
- No Good Dead Goes Unpunished (2020)
- Road House (1989)
- Where Have All The People Gone? (1974)
- Witch’s Curse (1963)
Television Show I Watched:
- 9-1-1: Lone Star
- 60 Days In
- The Bachelor
- Dennis the Menace
- Diff’rent Strokes
- Dr. Phil
- The Facts of Life
- I Dream of Jeannie
- King of the Hill
- Love Is Blind
- Match Game 75
- Monty Python’s Flying Circus
- The Office
- Saved By The Bell
- The Simpsons
- Sunday Mass
- Survivor 40
- That Girl
Books I Read:
- And All The Saints (2003) by Michael Walsh
Music To Which I Listened:
- Above & Beyond
- Active Child
- Alvin Risk
- Big Data
- Blanck Mass
- Bloc Party
- Britney Spears
- The Chemical Brothers
- Dillon Francis
- DJ Snake
- Fiona Apple
- Saint Motel
- Taylor Swift
News From Last Week:
- All of the Dead Sea Scrolls at the Museum of the Bible are Forgeries
- Cannes Film Festival Reportedly Turned Down Insurance To Cover Festival In Case Of Cancellation
- James Franco Says Misconduct Claims Are A Result Of Accusers Jumping On The #MeToo “Bandwagon”
- Italy’s Film and TV Industry Forges Onwards Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Paramount Pictures Launches “Paramount Presents” Label
- Weinstein Said Jennifer Aniston Should Be Killed
- Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers say he’ll die behind bars if sentenced to more than five years
- Inside Corey Feldman’s wild screening of his sexual abuse film as it went off the rails
- Harvey Weinstein sentenced to 23 years in prison
- Cannes Festival President: “We’ll Cancel” if Coronavirus Situation Doesn’t Improve
- Global Entertainment Industry Surpasses $100 Billion for the First Time Ever
- E3 2020 Canceled After ‘Overwhelming Concerns’ About Coronavirus
- Weinstein Defense Lawyer Blasts ‘Obscene’ 23-Year Prison Sentence
- The Bachelor Finale: Toxic Barb becomes most hated woman in America
- Harvey Weinstein Back in Hospital for Chest Pains, Immediately Following 23-Year Prison Sentence
- Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson Test Positive for Coronavirus
- A Quiet Place 2’ Release Delayed Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- CinemaCon 2020 Canceled Over Coronavirus Concerns
- TCM Classic Film Festival Canceled Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Michael Avenatti is stuck in a Manhattan jail with rats and no showers.
- Juno Awards, Canada’s Grammys, Cancelled Due to Coronavirus Concerns
- All Disney Theme Parks, U.S. Universal Studios Closing Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Broadway Goes Dark Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- Bill Maher In Real Time Reveals ‘Real Time’ Off Indefinitely Due To Coronavirus Fears; John Oliver Going Dark After Sunday
Links from Last Week:
- Actually, Libertarians are the reason why you’ll probably survive this pandemic.
- A Century of Film: RKO
- These Are the People Making Porn Out of Your Favorite Childhood Memories
- A Tale Of Two Pandemics: Media Downplayed Swine Flu Outbreak Under Obama
- White Gold: Brian DePalma’s Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- Show Stopper: Coronavirus Sends Hollywood Into Unprecedented Crisis
- Two Movies That Define Today’s Democrats
- ‘You ruined my premiere!’: Beckinsale recalls Weinstein’s obscenity-filled rant
- Rocker Nick Cave Defends Old Songs From ‘Perpetually Pissed Off Coterie of Pearl-Clutchers’
- All the Shows and Movies Shut Down or Delayed Because of Coronavirus
Links From The Site:
- Ryan reviewed The Man Without Talent and Becoming Horses, along with sharing his weekly reading round-up!
- Patrick previewed Wives of the Skies!
- I shared music videos from Sergey Lazarev, The Maccabeats, MOX, Chromatics, Bee Gees, and Active Child. I reviewed 7 Deadly Sins, Jurassic Shark, No Good Deed Goes Unpunished, The Flight that Disappeared, Black Widow Killer, Age of Summer, and The Humanity Bureau! I paid tribute to David Cronenberg!
- Jeff paid tribute to Max Von Sydow, Chuck Norris, and Michael Caine! He reviewed Murder Me, Murder You, A Force Of One, The Hitman, Deep Cover, Hard Vice, The King of Love, and Where Have All The People Gone? He shared a music video from Twisted Sister!
- Doc wished y’all a happy Friday the 13th!
- Erin shared The Covers of Leading Western, along with So Wicked My Love, So Many Steps To Death, Sweet and Deadly, Double Indemnity, The Iron Virgin, The Sins of Joy Munson, and Inland Passage!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a patreon! Please consider subscribing!
- At Days Without Incident, Leonard shared a song from Prince!
- Speaking of songs, I shared songs from the following at my music site: Active Child, PVRIS, Fiona Apple, Apocalyptica, Harry Manfredini, Bloc Party, and Tiesto and Hardwell!
- For the Reality TV Chat Blog, I reviewed the latest episode of Survivor!
- On her photography site, Erin shared: Swing, Sun and Branches, Vantage Spot, Perched, The Stare, After the Rain, and Above!
- On Pop Politics, Jeff shared Thoughts on the Latest Democratic Debate, Life During The Wuhan Virus and Rediscovering the Simpsons!