Continuing my series on the best of 2011, I now present my 10 favorite novels of the previous year. For a lot of reasons, I didn’t get to read quite as much as I wanted to over the past year. My New Year’s resolution — well, one of them — is to do better in 2012.
Without further ado, here’s my list. All 10 of the novels provided an entertaining, thought-provoking read over the past year and you should read them all.
1) The Art of Forgetting by Camille Noe Pagan
2) Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
3) Bumped by Megan McCaffrey
4) The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
5) There is No Year by Blake Butler
6) Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
7) Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen
8) The Forgotten Waltz by Ann Enright
9) Best Kept Secret by Amy Hatvany
10) The Pale King by David Foster Wallace
Coming up tomorrow: The list we’ve all be waiting for — my top 26 films of 2011.