Most of this week has been spent up at Lake Texoma. After five months of working, I took a week off and got even more work done than usual. Seriously, though, it was good to relax. I’m proud of the reviews I wrote this week and I’m looking forward to giving you more next week!
In other news …. CANNES! Yes, the Cannes Film Festival has begun. Cannes is always kind of fun to follow because the big hits at Cannes hardly ever seem to become big hits once they’re released in the U.S. That said, I usually find myself agreeing more with the Cannes jury than with the American audiences.
Anyway, here’s what I watched and listened to and wrote about this week!
Films I Watched:
- After Yang (2022)
- Barton Fink (1991)
- Cruel Instruction (2022)
- Graveyard Shift (1990)
- Maria Candelaria (1943)
- M*A*S*H (1970)
- Nosferatu, the Vampyre (1979)
- Othello (1951)
- Real Men (1987)
- Top Gun (1986)
- Valley Girl (1983)
Television Shows I Watched:
- A Very British Scandal
- Better Call Saul
- Beyond the Edge
- Court Cam
- The Curse of Degrassi
- The Last Drive-In
- Law & Order
- We Own This City
Music To Which I Listened:
- Adi Ulmansky
- Alabama 3
- Bob Dylan
- Britney Spears
- Giorgio Morodor
- Hans Zimmer
- Hazel English
- Katy Perry
- Kid Rock
- Kylie Minogue
- Lynard Skynard
- Martin Garrix
- Marty Wilde
- Noah Cyrus
- Penelope Houston
- Saint Motel
- Soccer Mommy
- Souixsie and the Banshees
- Thelma Houston
News From Last Week:
- Famed composer Vangelis dies at 79
- Downton and Dr. Strange Dominate The Box Office
- Cannes 2022 Launches Amidst Controversy, War, and Optimism
- Cannes 2022 Week One Round-up
- Tom Cruise Jets Into Cannes—And Leaves With a Palme d’Or
- Cannes 2022 Photos: ‘Three Thousand Years of Longing’ Premiere Draws Idris Elba, Tilda Swinton & A Naked Protester
- Feminist protestors shut down Cannes premiere of Holy Spider with smoke devices
- Tater on TV: CW Announces Fall Schedule
- Tater on TV: CBS Announces Fall Schedule
- Tater on TV: ABC Announces Fall 2022 Schedule
- Tater on TV: FOX Announces Fall 2022 “Portfolio”
- Tater on TV: NBC Announces Fall 22 Schedule
Links From Last Week:
- Cannes Diary: Why Tom Cruise Is Our Biggest — and Most Elusive — Movie Star
- A Seafood Newburg Recipe! “Dinner And A Movie” With “Downton Abbey – A New Era!” — Bite! Eat! Repeat!
Links From The Site:
- Erin shared Fantastic Adventures, T as in Trapped, The Deadly Duo, Smoky Road, Love Story Magazine, Space Detective, and Action Stories!
- Jeff shared a music video from Vangelis!
- Case wrote about the decline of Titans!
- I shared music videos from Upsahl, Moon Zappa, Soccer Mommy, Starcrawler, Noah Cyrus, and Castlebeat!
- I reviewed M*A*S*H, Maria Candelaria, Barton Fink, and Othello!
- I paid tribute to Frank Capra!
- I shared scenes from Richard III, It’s A Wonderful Life, and Barry!
- I shared my week in television and the trailer for Three Thousand Years of Longing!
More From Us:
- Ryan has a Patreon! Consider subscribing!
- At Day Without Incident, Leonard shared Tears in the Rain, Love Survive, and Injection!
- At her photography site, Erin shared miday, Fountain, birdy, shadow, purple, country road, and tree in the park!
- At Reality TV Chat Blog, I reviewed Survivor!
- At my music site, I shared songs from Marty Wilde, Penelope Houston, Thelma Houston, Katy Perry, Martin Garrix, Giorgio Moroder, and Alabama 3!
Pingback: Lisa Marie’s Week In Review: 5/23/22 — 5/29/22 | Through the Shattered Lens