I should admit that the title of this post is misleading. While it is true that listed below are 12 of my favorite non-fiction books of 2013, I’ve specifically limited my picks to books that dealt with entertainment, pop culture, and the creative process. With that in mind, here are my 12 favorite non-fiction books of 2013:
(And yes, you should read everyone of them.)
1) The Disaster Artist by Greg Sestero & Tom Bissell
3) 100 Works of Art That Will Define Our Age by Kelly Grovier
4) The Wes Anderson Collection by Matt Zoller Seitz
5) Odd Type Writers by Celia Blue Johnson
6) Mad Girl’s Love Song: Sylvia Plath and Life Before Ted by Andrew Wilson
7) The Reckoning: Women Artists of the New Millennium by Eleanor Hartney, Helaine Posner, Nancy Princethal, and Sue Scott
8) Difficult Men by Brett Martin
9) A Story Told Lately by Anjelica Huston
10) Slimed: An Oral History of Nickelodeon’s Golden Age by Matthew Klickstein
11) The Secret History of Vladimir Nabakov by Andrea Pitzer
12) Norman Mailer: A Double Life by J. Michael Lennon
Honorable Mention: Lost Cat by Caroline Paul, my favorite non-entertainment related nonfiction book.
Tomorrow, my look back at 2013 continue with my 12 favorite novels of 2013.
Other Entries In TSL’s Look Back At 2013: